I'M AN ORIGINAL CATCHPHRASE
I’m a paragraph. Double click here or click Edit Text to add some text of your own or to change the font. This is the place for you to tell your site visitors a little bit about you and your services.
Mentoring for Youth Coaches & Youth Workers
Plan Your Youth Programmes and Develop professionally and personally!
You can combine coaching with this offer.
6 one-hour 1-to-1 mentoring sessions
Held on alternate weeks for three-months duration, with youth work and youth coaching resources, tools, feedback and
What Happens in The Mentoring Sessions & What Will I Learn?
Leah will respond in the moment to your specific learning needs, your youth coaching style, service and areas for self-discovery and greater understanding of teen and young adult coaching. A tailored package, resources, activities and 'exercises' will also be provided to help you meet your goals. Additionally, we'll tackle any limiting beliefs or barriers holding you back from your youth coaching or youth work potential.
Leah specialises in:
- Meeting the current needs of young people through mentoring and coaching
- Skills required for excellent youth coaching and mentoring
- Who are Gen Z and how can coaches meet their needs and understand their aspirations?
- Understanding the challenges and opportunities of today's youth and truly hearing their voices through your mentoring and coaching sessions
- Online pressures, opportunities and safety
- Student coaching and coaching in schools
- Child protection, mandatory reporting and safeguarding in youth coaching
- Building positive and trusting coaching relationships with young people aged 11-25 years old
- How to deliver effective and engaging group coaching with young people
- Adolescent development and the teenage brain
- Essentials in youth coaching and how it may differ to adult coaching and family coaching
- Using youth coaching tools, techniques and activities
- Finding the right accredited Coach, Youth Work or Youth Coach Training for you
- Supporting young people through coaching during exam and transition anxiety
- How to handle difficult behaviour, complicated conversations and difficult coaching sessions
- Essential reading and resources for youth coaches
- The differences between teen coaching and coaching young adults
- How to create and keep boundaries in your youth coaching and mentoring
- Ethics of youth coaching
- Exploring what experience and skills you need and how to gain supervised youth coaching or youth work experience
- Utilising active listening, unconditional positive regard, congruence and empathy
- The considerations and differences between mentoring, coaching and informal education in youth coaching
- Working with parents, carers and professionals
- Skills in communicating effectively with youth
- Preparing and encouraging young changemakers and young leaders to confidently and effectively share their voice to make positive social impact; locally, nationally or even globally
- Helping young people to develop a growth mindset and emotional intelligence
- Understanding Positive Youth Development and models of youth work and youth coaching
- Tackling myths and misconceptions around youth culture and young people
- Nature connection, mindfulness in-nature and eco-consciousness for young people
- Helping young people understand their identity, human rights, core values, passions, worldview, beliefs, purpose, self-awareness, social impact, leadership skills, potential & emotional intelligence
- Developing sustainable systemic and peer coaching youth programmes
- Safe recruitment, induction and matching of volunteer youth coaches and mentors
- Creating and running virtual and in-person youth and teen coaching packages
Leah is also available for discounted group mentoring, group coaching, consultancy and training in any, or all, of the above topics for organisations and universities